Guardian Glass for BIM provides a feature for adjusting glazing properties directly on Surfaces in Detailed Models.
Click on the Smart Surfaces button. A new dialog window will open where sliders may be adjusted for parameters. A Viewer will indicate the location of the Surface on the model.
Glazing which is causing issues with over-heating or glare may be swapped out for alternative types which may resolve these issues (Glass Types with lower SHGC, VLT or U-Values). The Smart Surfaces feature provides a window where sliders may be adjusted for categories. This will define Glass Types that lie within these ranges and the main list will be filtered accordingly. A Glass Type may then be selected and applied to the Surface.
A message will query whether you wish to apply this to the building or this Surface only. A suggested short-list of Glass Types will then be provided which will resolve any issues.
- Select a Surface on the model by using the list in the Facade Navigator or from rows in the Charts
- Open the Smart Surfaces window by using the button provided
- Using the sliders to adjust the ranges for Minimum u-value/r-value for that Surface, Maximum Heat Gain target and Minimum Daylighting. (surface u-value is used for metric models, surface r-value is used for imperial models)
- Apply these filters to the list
- The list will adjust to provide glass types that satisfy these parameters. (if the list does not show any entries, adjust the sliders again)
- Select a Glass Type from the list and Apply to the Surface(s)
- A message will display asking whether to apply to the Building or only that Surface. Apply to the Building: Where this existing glass type appears on other Surfaces of the model – they also will be replaced. Apply only to this Surface: Only this Surface will be updated. Select one of these options.
- Click on the Refresh button to update the results.